Friday, December 14, 2012

Review: Spoiled by Wet n Wild Nail Color


Shades from Left to Right:  Pick Your Poison, Shrimp on the Barbie, Toad-Ally Amazing, Pumping Gas


OVERALL RATING: 9/10

PROS:  Long-wearing, large color selection, opaque, large brush for complete coverage, colors are true to the bottle

CONS:  Some brushes have frayed bristles


My obsession du jour has recently been nail polish. In the past several months alone, I've more than doubled my collection.  I blame Pinterest.

However, I've managed to expand my collection without breaking the bank.  I've fallen in love with a drugstore line!

Wet n Wild, known for their extremely inexpensive yet relatively high-quality cosmetics, has released a new line of professional-quality nail polishes available exclusively at CVS.  The line is called Spoiled, and the polishes cost only $2 a piece!

The polishes themselves are very true to the color of the bottle.  I have only used "Pick Your Poison" and "Pumping Gas" so far out of the four I own, because those are the more fall/winter appropriate colors.  Both colors look exactly the same dry on my nails as they do in the bottle.

The brushes that come with the polish are very wide, so it's easy to cover almost the whole nail at once.  The colors are also very opaque, so you're usually good to go after just one coat.  The only issue that I have experienced with this line is that some of the brush bristles are a little frayed out, which can be problematic when working with precise paint application!  This is not the case for all of the bottles, though, and the brushes that don't have this problem are fantastic.

I have had these polishes last up to two weeks without any chipping, which is remarkable considering how much I use my hands!  Other polishes usually chip within the first few days for me.

Overall, I would highly recommend these polishes to someone who can't afford more expensive brands like OPI, Essie, or Zoya.  These get the job done just as well, and with so many colors to choose from,  there's no need to splurge when you can save!

Have you used any of the Spoiled polishes?  Which shade is your favorite?  Let me know in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They have so many beautiful colors! I wish I could buy all of them. :)

      Anna

      Delete
  2. I love the Pumping Gas color and the one you have on your nails in the swatch picture! Really pretty colors.

    katiechamel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumping gas is my favorite! It's an opaque, coffe-with-cream colored neutral that is PERFECT for fall. It lasts so long without chipping too! I'll have to post swatches of the other colors the next time I paint my nails!

      Anna

      Delete
  3. I love your blog and this review was sooo great it would be sooo amazing if you would maybe follow my blog if thats not too mucch trouble when you get the time >? xx

    http://jeaniexox.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments! I will go check out your blog right now. :)

      Anna

      Delete