Thursday, January 24, 2013
For my previous review of Kiss Nail Dress, click here!
I got this beautiful Kiss Nail Dress design in my Holiday Voxbox from Influenster, and I'm so obsessed! They're a perfect mix of classy and funky, and I think they could go with just about anything. Mine are a little wrinkled around the edges because I applied them hurriedly, but this wouldn't be a problem if you took your time. They look perfect from a distance! Check out all of the fantastic designs at the Kiss website here, and check out the reviews of other Influensters here!
Have you used Kiss Nail Dress? What's your favorite design? Let me know in the comments!
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
When I opened my Holiday Voxbox from Influenster, the Goody Quikstyle Paddle Brush was the first thing I saw... And I have to admit, I laughed! When you first lay eyes on this nifty little brush, the design can look somewhat silly. Trust me, though, I stopped laughing when I realized how well this brush works!
The whole point of the Goody QuikStyle line is to make going from wet hair to great style as painless and quick as possible. As someone with a lot of hair, I know how much water it can hold after a shower. I, personally, like to air dry my hair most of the time, which can take forever when it's as long as mine. I have found that using this brush has not only cut down on the time it takes me to use a hairdryer, but has also made the air-drying process much faster.
Let's take a look at what makes this brush special:
The QuikStyle brush functions just like a regular brush would, but with several key differences. First of all, those funky-looking blue things are actually tiny microfiber towels that automatically dry hair as you brush. Neat, huh? It's like towel-drying, but without all of the messiness and tangling you can do to your hair in the process. Second, the brush itself is actually hollow, allowing the microfiber bristles to dry quickly and allowing for maximum ventilation when you're using a blowdryer. Finally, I have to say that I have never used a brush that is this light before. You know how your arm tends to get tired while you're drying your hair? Not with this brush! Its light design makes it easy to handle and surprisingly comfortable to use.
Goody claims that this brush removes an average of 30% of water from hair. While I can't attest to that exact number, I can definitely tell you that it removes plenty of water from my immediately post-shower hair, making it so much easier and less time-consuming to dry! I also love that the microfiber bristles are antimicrobial--it makes me much more at ease about sharing this brush with my friends, and I know the brush will stay fresh!
|Me with my new favorite brush!|
Overall, I give this brush a big thumbs up. Although it may look silly, it has some serious drying power!
Check out other reviews of the Goody QuikStyle Paddle Brush from Influenster members here. Also be sure to check out Goody's webpage here for more information about the QuikStyle line and their other innovative products. I received this brush for free through Influenster's VoxBox program, but you can get your own for about $12.99 at most major drugstores and chain retailers in the United States!
Have you used the Goody QuikStyle Paddle Brush or any other Goody products that you've just loved? Let me know in the comments!
Friday, January 4, 2013
Hopefully you'll be able to look past my dry hands and stumpy nails to get a glimpse of this color. It's one of my new favorites, and it's only a $2 polish! I reviewed the texture and consistency of the Spoiled line here, so be sure to check that out as well. "Toad-Ally Amazing" is a light teal with a hint of shimmer. I personally think that it is more blue-toned than green, which I like, but it's definitely a true teal! The shimmer is just barely noticeable, but gives the polish a nice, dynamic look. I also happen to love how it almost matches my blog theme! I'm obviously a lover of teal, and this polish is perfect for me.
Have you tried "Toad-Ally Amazing" or other polishes from the Spoiled collection? Let me know in the comments!
Thursday, January 3, 2013
Monday, December 24, 2012
Saturday, December 22, 2012
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
We all have them: those beauty items that you covet all year long, but just can't bring yourself to buy because of how dang expensive they are. These are the items that make up my holiday wish list. Here's a little insight into what I'm wishing for this year!
- Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes! 4-in-1 Mascara, $19 I'm usually not a big spender when it comes to mascaras, sticking to Maybelline to make my lashes pop. Maybe that's why I've been so dissatisfied. I've heard rave reviews of this mascara, and hope I'll be able to try it out for myself!
- NARS Orgasm Blush, $28 The mother of all blushes, according to the beauty blogosphere. I own a supposed dupe for it (Elf's Candid Coral, check out my post here), but I've heard that nothing beats the real thing. With a hefty price tag, it's not something I would normally buy for myself... but hopefully Santa will deliver!
- Julep Nail Polish, $14 I don't even care what shade it is. This luxury nail color brand is all over Pinterest and even made the list of Oprah's favorite things 2012. I want it all over my nails.
- MAC 286 Brush, $31 I really need a good blending brush. Mine just ain't cuttin' it. I've heard that MAC brushes are wonderful, and I'd love something that would last me a long time!
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20, $43 The most expensive on the list. I'm not a big foundation wearer--I've always had fairly clear skin, so I just like a bit of sheer coverage for color control. Tinted Moisturizer is my go-to, and I've heard this is just about as good as it gets.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner, $19 This is one of my tried-and-true products. It's the only liquid eyeliner that has ever had a brush I've been able to work with, it stays all day, and WOW is it ever pigmented! I'm running out of my supply and need to get my hands on more... And I'd love to try out a few other shades from their rainbow supply of colors!
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain, $13 I really do love this stuff. It's super moisturizing, and lasts a really long time. I have it in "Honey" and "Romantic." I use "Honey" almost every day, but would love to expand my collection for more options!
So that's my Christmas Beauty List for this year... What's yours? Any comments on the products I'm just dying to get ahold of? Let me know in the comments!