Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Instant Relaxation Made Possible

Top:  Dr. Teal's Foaming Milk Bath with Milk and Honey - $6
Bottom:  Bath and Body Works Luxe Bath in Sleep; Warm Milk and Honey - $17

For those of you who are not yet in college, don't remember college, or are in denial about college, let me tell you: finals suck.  I was carrying so much stress and tension in my body after finishing my finals today that my muscles actually began to hurt.  Not to mention that my skin has been acting up because of the dry winter weather.  Ugh.

The nice thing about finishing finals, though, is that I'm able to come home from school.  Home, for me, means comfort, family, and a big-ass jacuzzi bathtub. 

After hearing about my stress, tension, and dry skin, my incredible mother went out and got be a few things to help me unwind.  One of them was Dr. Teal's Foaming Milk Bath with Milk and Honey, which is incredibly affordable and is supposed to soothe dry, irritated skin.  The other was from Bath and Body Works' aromatherapy line; their Sleep: Warm Milk and Honey Luxe Bath.  Apparently she'd had that one stashed away somewhere for a while, because as far as I know, it's now discontinued.

I put a generous amount of both in the tub, let the water run until it was steaming, and soaked for a good 45 minutes.  Let me tell you, I have never been more relaxed in my life.  Not only did the milk bath moisturize my skin and repair some of the dry, cracked areas, but the scent was enough to send me straight to heaven and back while allowing me to unwind.

Both of these products are a must for anyone with dry winter skin or someone who just struggles with stress and needs a little relaxation.  The Luxe Bath from B&BW has been discontinued in that particular scent, but I have a feeling that their new bath soak in Honey Vanilla will substitute nicely.

Have any of you used either of these products before?  Have a relaxing bath time story to share?  Let me know in the comments!

Sweet dreams!



No comments:

Post a Comment