Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Review: Gilette Venus and Olay Razor



OVERALL RATING:  10/10

PROS:  Glides effortlessly over skin, can't feel the blades at all, renders shaving cream obsolete, moisturizes skin while shaving, pretty, comes with shower hook, easily to grip, five blades, bends and adjusts to curves

CONS:  Nada!


I haven't been this excited about shaving since the sixth grade.

I was getting sick of my old razor by the same brand, and was preparing to head out and buy a men's razor because I've heard they actually provide a closer shave.  Luckily, Influenster saved me the trouble by sending me this razor for free in their recent Love VoxBox.  I wasn't expecting too much since previous Venus razors I've used haven't really been anything special.  Influenster included this razor in their Love themed VoxBox as a way to get "date-ready in a flash."  Well, being single, that wasn't a concern, but I went for it and used the razor anyway.

Turns out, I did fall in love.  With this freaking incredible razor.  



First of all, the Venus and Olay razor was shipped out to Influensters before it is available to the general public, which makes me feel super-cool.  You'll be able to buy this virtually everywhere in the U.S. starting on March 15, 2012.  It will be retailing for about $8-$10.  Trust me, it's SO worth it.

Anyway, I hopped in the shower, propped my leg up, got the head of the razor wet, and went for it.  My first thought when razor met skin?  Something along the lines of "Oooh."  The head of the razor is almost cushiony, and feels silky-soft.  Shaving in upward strokes, you can't even feel the five blades moving on your skin.  This razor literally glides across your skin, leaving in its wake a trail of silky Olay goodness.  Using any form of shaving cream or soap to help the shaving process is pointless with this.  It provides its own wonderful protection against razor burn or nicks with the Olay bars.  The head and the bars pivot to hug your curves, making it easy to get the hair on tricky places, like the backs/fronts of knees, ankles, etc.  without worrying about the razor moving with you.

The grip on the handle is wonderful.  It would be hard to drop this razor, unless you're really trying to.  It's made of soft, cushiony rubber that is ribbed underneath and smooth on top.  Also, it's kinda pretty.  The handle is a shimmery pale yellow with white accents, so it's aesthetically pleasing along with providing a pleasant shave.

The Olay moisture bars on this razor contain some of the same skin-enhancing elements that Olay uses in its other products.  The bars have petrolatum, a moisturizing agent, to help protect against that dry feeling you can get after shaving, and to moisturize the skin even after you're out of the shower.  The glycerin in the bars helps to leave the skin glowing and soft.

The razor also comes with this a little shower hook (shown left) that attaches to your shower wall with a little suction cup, so you can keep it somewhere that you can easily access it, and so that the Olay bars can dry without sticking to anything else.

Using this razor actually feels quite like pulling a soft silk ribbon along the skin.  It is honestly the most pleasant-feeling razor I have ever used.

It's been about an hour since I used the Venus and Olay razor, and even without applying lotion, my legs don't feel dry at all.  They are smooth, shiny, and feel pretty incredible.  Because you don't need shaving cream to use this razor, it cuts down on the time it takes to shave your legs (no lathering necessary!), although if I'm shaving with this, I wouldn't mind spending a few extra minutes with it!

So, for the smoothest, silkiest, softest, most comfortable shaving experience ever, grab this Venus and Olay razor.  This is one of the few products I've reviewed that has gotten a full 10 out of 10, so you know how I feel about it.  Now go try it for yourself!  You can get more information on the Venus and Olay razor here.

When you get your hands on this fantastic razor, let me know what you think of it in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. The head and the bars pivot to hug your curves, making it easy to get the hair on tricky places, like the backs/fronts of knees, ankles, etc. without worrying about the razor moving with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. postingan yang bagus tentang Review: Gilette Venus and Olay Razor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm..this looks like a good product to try out. I have been looking for a reliable razor because I have used a lot of them but it leaves my skin dry and it does not totally takes off the hair. I am interested in trying this and I hope that this is the product for me.

    ReplyDelete