Sunday, December 25, 2011

Review: X-Out Wash-In Treatment

OVERALL RATING:  7.5/10


PROS: Deep Cleans, Exfoliates, Leaves Skin Super-Smooth, Fights Acne, 3 Different Uses

CONS:  A Bit Rough, Cooling Effect May Be Too Strong


This is another product that I received for free to test out through Influenster's VoxBox program.  I was really excited to try it out as soon as I saw it in the package;  I'd been hearing quite a bit about it, and wanted to see what all the hype was about.

X-Out is a new acne treatment from the makers of Proactiv, and is marketed mainly to teens (you can tell this right away because of the packaging, as well as some of the language used on their website).  X-Out claims to be a more simple solution to traditional acne treatments, requiring just two minutes, twice a day so that it fits better into your busy schedule.  X-Out also comes with a QR code right on the bottle that you can scan with your smartphone, which will take you to X-Out's Daily Distraction, a two-minute media clip for you to watch while using X-Out to ensure proper washing time.

The coolest thing, in my opinion, about this product is that it can be used a total of three different ways--as a wash, a mask, and a spot treatment.  To use it as a wash, you just need to apply to damp skin and wash it in for two minutes, twice a day.  To use it as a mask, which will provide a deeper clean, you can apply the product all over to damp skin, leave it on for ten minutes, then rinse with warm water.  For use as a spot treatment, just apply to trouble areas, and head to bed, letting the product do its job overnight.  I think this is a really great aspect of the product, because it allows for different degrees of treatment, and also for different time spans to fit around your schedule.

I consider myself extremely lucky, as I have never had problem skin.  Throughout my teens and even now, I haven't struggled with acne.  I still wanted to try X-Out, though, and I'm very glad I did!  You don't have to have a problem with acne to enjoy using this product.  After my initial use (as a wash) I immediately noticed that my skin was softer than it had been in a very long time.  My skin tone was also more even the next morning, which was awesome.  X-Out also has what the makers like to call an "Icy Slap," which hit me about halfway through the two minutes of washing.  It's a fairly powerful cooling effect that makes your skin feel clean and fresh.  I would compare it a bit to using mentholated lip balm, but having that effect spread over the entire face.

The "Icy Slap" was nice while washing, but what I didn't enjoy so much was that it lasted long after I had rinsed the product off of my face.  I suppose that means that the product continued to work even after I had rinsed it off, but it did start to get a bit irritating, especially because of how cold it is already this time of year!  In the summer, this product's cooling effect will be a definite plus.

Another thing to be mindful of is how powerful the exfoliating beads in this wash are.  I wasn't expecting it, so I started off the wash by rubbing the product in pretty hard.  That was a mistake--it felt like I was washing my face with sandpaper!  If your skin is extremely sensitive, be sure to take care to wash lightly, since the exfoliating beads will do their job.  A lighter hand will ensure soft, smooth skin without the irritation.

At this point, I'm unable to attest to the acne-fighting power of X-Out, because my face is acne-free.  If I get a zit anytime soon, though, I'll be sure to update this post with another section about how X-Out handles my breakouts.  I've heard from others that X-Out is wonderful when it comes to fighting acne, especially when used as a spot treatment.

Overall, I think this is a great product for people with or without acne!  I'd recommend X-Out to anyone who is looking to get smoother, more even skin instantly.

If you'd like more information about X-Out or are interested in buying, visit www.xout.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment