Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Look: Golden Smoky Eye with the Naked Palette

Since I got it a few days ago, I have been totally unable to keep my hands off of my Naked Palette.  Playing with the colors is a blast, and I love being able to create so many different neutral-toned looks.  I was able to create a nice-looking, simple smoky eye this morning, and I thought I would share!  It looks fairly similar to the look created in my Naked Palette review, but if you look closely, you can see that the this one is more shimmery and gold-toned.  Here's the look and how I did it:

Golden Smoky Eye



  1. Prime the eyelid with an eyeshadow primer, liquid foundation, or concealer.
  2. With a flat/c-shaped eyeshadow brush, pat Half-Baked all over the lid.
  3. With a domed/fluffy eyeshadow brush, apply Smog to the crease and lower brow bone, blending upwards.
  4. With the same brush, apply Darkhorse to the crease, then to the outer corner of the eye in a v-shape.
  5. With the brush used in Step 2, lightly blend Half-Baked over the newly created dark crease.
  6. Apply Sin just under the eyebrow and in the inner corner of the lid.
  7. Use a black liner to line the upper lash line and the waterline.  With a small precision or eyeliner brush, use Darkhorse to go over the liner in small, upward-angled strokes.
  8. Line the lower lash line with a dark brown eyeliner.  Use the same brush from Step 7 to smoke up the liner by running Darkhorse over it.
  9. Apply a coat or two of mascara, and you're done!
Be sure to let me know what you think of this look, and what looks you might like to see from me in the future!  Try it out for yourself, and let me know how it goes in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. You have really gorgeous green eyes. I'd love to see a tight-lining tutorial sometime, I can't get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lorena Thanks for the compliment! :) I have to admit, I've never done tight-lining before, but I will definitely look into it and see what I can do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anna Oh, my bad. I misread step 7 and thought you said to tightline, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Coming from someone who's so skilled at eye makeup, this means a lot! Thank you so much! :)

      Delete