Friday, November 30, 2012

Review/Swatches: COVERGIRL Blast Flipstick



OVERALL RATING: 10/10

PROS:  Long wearing, two in one, expertly coordinated shades, creamy/soft texture, blendable formula, large shade variety

CONS:  None!

Swatches at bottom of post

I'm going to be honest here:  I haven't been a fan of Covergirl cosmetics for a long time.  In my opinion, they're usually cheaply made and low-pigmented.  They just don't do it for me.  This product completely changed my opinion of the brand.

When BzzAgent offered me the opportunity to test out Covergirl's new Blast Flipstick for free, there's no way I could say no.  Free cosmetics?  Of course I'm going to opt in!  And boy, am I glad I did.  I'm so pleasantly surprised by this product that I just had to share!


The first thing I love about this product is that it's actually two products in one--you get two lipsticks in every tube that you can wear separately or mix and match for an endless array of looks.  There is a matte shade, which is the darker of the two, and a more shimmery shade.  They both look wonderful separately, but are stunning when worn together!

I got three full-sized products to test out in three different shades: Vixen, Stunner, and Minx.  The second I saw Vixen, I knew it was going to be a hit.  The matte side is the perfect shade of pink for my lips, and the shimmer side accents it perfectly.  Stunner is going to be a fantastic look for going out... I plan on wearing it to a big party tomorrow night!  Minx is not the right color for my skin tone, but would look beautiful on anyone with darker skin than mine.  Check out the swatches below to see each shade!

This lipstick impresses me for more than its expertly matched colors, though.  It smooths on like butter, and can be applied in layers--it can be sheer or opaque depending on how much you apply. It dries quickly, and then doesn't leave your lips. The first time I wore it, I expected to have to reapply it within an hour or so.  To my surprise it lasted for five hours, and didn't come off even when I had a drink!  

I like the Blast Flipstick much better than any of my other lipsticks.  For me, it beats out every Revlon lipstick I own (not the balm stains though, those are still unbelievably good!) and the options this product gives you are incomparable to just about anything else.  

I highly recommend Covergirl Blast Flipstick to anyone who wants to try an ombre look, is looking to expand their lipstick inventory, or wants a long wearing, pretty lipstick.  I'm already in love!

Covergirl Blast Flipstick is available at most grocery stores, drug stores, and major retailers (like Target or Walmart) in the United States, and retails for about $8.49--but remember, you're getting two for the price of one!  You can also get them right from the Covergirl website.

Check out the images of the three complimentary shades I received below!  Leave a comment if you have any questions or want to share your own experience with Covergirl Blast Flipstick!


820 - Vixen
A shimmering, pearly pink and a subtle but standout darker pink perfect for cool, fair skin tones


Shimmer Side of Covergirl Flipstick "Vixen"Matte Side of Covergirl Flipstick "Vixen"

Covergirl Flipstick "Vixen" Shades Together


Wearing Covergirl Flipstick in "Vixen"
Wearing my COVERGIRL Blast Flipstick in "Vixen"




840 - Stunner
A shimmering sheer gold and a hot, bright coral-pink that will flatter any skin tones

Shimmer Side of Covergirl Flipstick "Stunner"Matte Side of Covergirl Flipstick "Stunner"

Covergirl Flipstick "Stunner" Shades Together



855 - Minx
A caramel tinted gold and a deep brown perfect for darker skin tones

Shimmer Side of Covergirl Flipstick "Minx"Matte Side of Covergirl Flipstick "Minx"


Covergirl Flipstick "Minx" Shades Together


What do you think of Covergirl Blast Flipstick?  How do you wear yours?  Let me know in the comments!



3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Love it! I wanna have one of this. I will def include this in my wishlist. Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review on this! I saw these at the drugstore and wondered what they were like. I will have to try it out!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete